Outlook Express 6.0 Free Download
Shareware: You can try this program, but this version has some limited features or time usage restrictions. You should purchase it in order to remove those limits.
The Outlook Express mail client despite the fact that has been replaced on the newest Windows versions by the Windows Live mail can still remain the favorite one among the other clients out there.
The basic fact is that Outlook Express still does the core job it is designed to do pretty well. Setting up an account is simple and straightforward, the user has an installation wizard upon first use and can customize everything about the setup afterward.
The interface is there for everyone regardless if the user is a beginner or a server administrator and it is easy to learn how to use. Outlook Express works good for the features it was designed: receive, send, organize and store emails, contacts or address book. Even if It displays the emails in plain text, the users can use signatures, HTML stationary, insert background images to email messages, insert pictures or sounds, attach business cards or other files.
Outlook Express offers privacy and security protection for your email messages and it also has the ability to block suspicious attachments. It supports digital signing and encryption which is an important feature for advanced users.
- - Simple to use for novice users
- - It works on older systems
- - Uses less resources as the newer versions
- - It supports digital signing
- - It misses some useful features found in the new versions of this product
It is preferred to the new programs of its type especially because of its manageability.
Outlook Express is a component part of the IE6 installation for Windows and it is developed and published by Microsoft. For the Windows 7 and Windows Vista installation it was updated and renamed to Windows Live Mail. Some of the key features of the e-mail client are:
- Managing multiple e-mail and newsgroups accounts
- Browsing and accessing the mail messages is quick and easy
- The client can be used to keep and access e-mail on a specific server from different locations.
- The address book can be used to store and retrieve the mail addresses.
- The messages can be digitally signed and encrypted by using digital IDs
No special requirements